Living full-time in an RV has us traveling to a bunch of different locations. A lot of these locations are remote thus restaurants are few and far between. Plus we live on a pretty tight budget. This all means, we cook at home the majority of the time. Cooking is a lot more fun when one has the right tools. Here are a few of my favorites.
Click on the photo or blue link for more product info. You can always hit the return arrow to return to this blog.
Pots and pans; I discovered Calphalon about five years ago. I wish I had discovered these pots sooner. I love them.
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Set
I’m not a foodie or someone who is ‘into’ cooking. However, I don’t like being hungry. That said, I credit Rachel Ray for my newfound interest in cooking. I’ve learned a great deal watching her shows. She’s also the face behind some very useful products that I really like ….
Rachael Ray Tools and Gadgets Three-Piece Tool Set with Lazy Slotted Spoon, Lazy Spoon and Lazy Tongs, Red
Rachael Ray Bubble and Brown Singles Stoneware Ramekins, 10-Ounce, Red, Set of 4
Classic 30-Minute Meals: The All-Occasion Cookbook
Good Old Values Silicone Basting Brushes – Set Of 3
With all the rough roads we travel, a set of Corelle tableware is a must.
Corelle Winter Frost 18-Piece Dinner Set, White
Then there’s the all important knives. Good knives are an important tool. Hubby introduced me to Henckle knives years ago and when we moved into the RV full-time I took my good knives along for the ride.
J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Statement 12-pc Knife Block Set
Here’s a few of my other must have on board items;
Hubby isn’t a coffee drinker, but I must have my morning Joe. So this is my perfect coffee maker … this little guy is a real space saver and makes a great cup of coffee.
Black & Decker DCM600B 5-Cup Coffeemaker, Black
However I do have my eye on a Keurig… a small one
Keurig K130/B130 Brewing System
And who doesn’t need a crock pot? I use this slow cooker to make pulled pork, soups, stews, and other one pot wonders!
Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
I also travel with a food processor and a blender;
Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Food Processor with Compact Storage
Oster 6811 6-Cup Glass Jar 12-Speed Blender, Brushed Nickel
Here’s a couple of my latest kitchen additions;
Prepworks from Progressive International CSS-1 Collapsible 4-Quart Salad Spinner
Farberware 3-Piece Poly Board Set
Joyce Chen 33-2018, 3-Piece Burnished Bamboo Stir-Fry Set
Oh, I almost forgot … the most important cooking item … a portable grill. We have a tabletop grill similar to this one Weber 50060001 Q 1000 Liquid Propane Grill
We have friends that really like their Coleman.Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE
And when the winds are gusting or it’s raining, my Panini grill pan works wonders as an indoor grilling backup. Thus keeping me warm and dry in my comfy RV.
Calphalon 1876790 Contemporary Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Square Grill Pan, 11-Inch
In the summer of 2014, we changed up our diet and hubby and I embraced a Paleo Diet. We have what I call an 80/20 diet – 80% of the time we follow the Paleo guidelines and the other 20% of the time we don’t. I have some favorite cookbooks. This particular book has a great deal of information on nutrition and eating to heal various illnesses. It also answers the question “Why eat a Paleo diet?”
Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
A couple of my favorite recipes come from one of Elana Amsterdam’s books The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook
Danielle Walker also puts out some great recipes Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime
Want to make a beautiful but gluten-free desert? I love this book. Not only does it have some unique recipes, the photography is pretty great.My Paleo Patisserie: An Artisan Approach to Grain Free Baking
With a little organization and the right tools, the size of one’s kitchen shouldn’t matter. Living in the RV hasn’t held me back from cooking or baking some of our favorite meals and treats. Bon Appétit!