Now that we are comfortably parked at our sticks n bricks home in Southern Colorado, it’s time to catch up on things. Time to catch up on paperwork, yard work, and blogging business….. the latter being the most fun. So does it feel good to be ‘home’? All I can say right now is “No” and change is in the air……
While we were on our little four-month adventure some fellow bloggers nominated me for awards, and as most of you know, my internet data and connections were presenting quite the challenge during our travels. Thus, acknowledging the awards had to be put on the back burner. In all truthfulness, I had contemplated not participating.
However after giving it further thought, I acknowledge the interaction with fellow bloggers is a major component to my blogging enjoyment That said, how could I not do a post about fellow bloggers. That is after all what these awards are all about….. sharing. Sharing with one another blogs with similar interests, blogs that inspire us with words or photos, blogs that transport us to another country, blogs that take us on an adventure. So share, I shall……
Back in December, Kathy at Hiking to Healthy nominated me for the Liebster Award. Kathy is not only brave to share her tale of weight loss, but her information on hiking trails in the Denver area is a very useful tool. Her information is detailed, helpful, and informative, but what I really enjoy is her honesty; whether it’s the altitude, weather, or a head cold, she’ll share her challenges. I look forward to hearing about her accomplishing a Fourteener…..
NEXT: Rene over at Craves Adventure tagged me for a series of Travel Confessions. Hmmm, the rules include tweeting. I don’t tweet, so count me out. I could share some confessions anyway, but that would require me to think way too much and it would also make this post longer than any of us would like. So I’ll just say thank you Rene and encourage you to check out her blog. Who knows, you might find her writing as thought-provoking as I do.
NEXT: Karen at The Earth Beneath My Feet nominated me for the “Shine On” award. And guess what’s so cool about this award? I don’t have to answer any questions. The rules; nominate eight blogs that……… “Shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader”.
Initially I thought this would be super easy….. pick eight blogs that make me feel good. Gosh, I follow lots of blogs that I can’t wait to read. How do I choose? Do I nominate bloggers whom I know don’t participate in the awards even though they rank high on my list? Do I nominate blogs that I’ve nominated in the past? Decisions, decisions!!! Yep, this was tough. I decided to go with blogs I recently started following. Check’m out……
- Oh the Places they Go
- The Voyage of the Tramper
- The Sophmore Slump
- Juniper Road
- The Next Rest Stop
- Turn When the Road Does
- Girly Camping
I still have a bunch of others I hope to share with you. Blogs that I find fun, inspiring, and make me smile, but it’ll have to wait for another post. However, since this blog post is all about sharing, I do feel compelled to list a few additional blogs.
These blogs are not hosted on WordPress and thus are not eligible for the awards. Too bad………. they are still worth checking out!
- Rick and JoAnne’s RV Travels We were meandering around Arizona the same
- Metamorphosis Road time as these two couples. Although we didn’t meet in person then, I’m hoping once they hit Colorado (they’re following our footsteps) that will change and we’ll exchange travel tales over a glass of wine.
- CR8ING the Life This gutsy couple having never RV’d, sold everything and went full-time. They share the good, the bad, and the ugly of the RV lifestyle.
- Live Work Dream This is one of the first blogs I started following. Rene and Jim post a lot of great info on living the RV lifestyle. I also had the pleasure of meeting Rene while we were camped in Quartzsite.
- It’s a Cozy Life I just started following this couples journey. Adventure awaits! (she just changed over to WordPress)
- Adventures of a 50 Year Old We spent New Year’s Eve visiting and sharing a bottle of wine while camped at Cave Creek Reg Park. Small world…we had been following each others blogs and there we were camped next door to each other!
- Life in a Canned Ham These were our neighbors in Quartzsite. Drinks, food, and Bocce Ball…..need I say more 🙂
- Cave Dwellings Small world, indeed. Donna somehow found my blog and we’ve been commenting ever since. She and Al knew each other in high school. Donna still lives in that small town in Illinois and she and her hubby try and get out in the 5th wheel as much as possible. Ah….there’s always more to a story, isn’t there?
I hope you enjoy meeting some of my blogging buddies, and I look forward to you sharing some of yours. Happy Trails…….